Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with the Henry County Historical Society. There are a number of options available to you. Please review them and indicate which might appeal to you, as well as times you are available to volunteer. We are happy to work with your schedule and are grateful for whatever time you can donate, whether it is on a regular basis or just a few times a year.
Volunteers will be trained for their desired tasks. Our typical hours are Tuesday through Friday, 1-4:30 p.m., and Saturdays by appointment (the hours noted on the form are incorrect).
- Museum Work: Duties include helping with inventory, cataloging, bulk mailings and office work. Some computer entering is available as well.
- Museum Tours: Duties include giving or assisting with tours of the Museum on a daily basis or as needed with scheduled groups. Docents will be specially trained and given a comprehensive write up on the museum to assist them. Ability to work with groups is helpful.
- Physical Work: Duties include minor repairs, painting, yard work such as flower bed planting and weeding. Other tasks that may be helpful include cleaning collections, copying/scanning, general cleaning around museum.
- Special Events: Duties include working as host/hostess or tour guide for specific rooms during the two scheduled meetings, lawn social or Christmas tea held each year. Other events may also be planned where similar help is needed. These are usually scheduled for evenings or Sunday afternoons
- Shelving and Cataloging: Duties will include moving items in storage to make room for the installation of shelves; moving items onto shelves once installed and cataloging items into the database. Ability to lift and move boxes is important. Computer skills are also needed. Volunteers may work as teams.
Pick up a form at the Museum or download page 1 and page 2 here: